St. Gerard Pumpkin Fest - Saturday, October 8, 2016
Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin... God lifts you up, takes you in, and washes all the dirt off of you. He opens you up, touches you deep inside and scoops out all the yucky stuff -- including the seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc. Then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light inside you to shine for the entire world to see. Author unknown.
Schedule of Events: (In case of rain, events will be held indoors.)
- Book Sale...(continues into Sunday after Masses)... Join us for the Book Sale in St. Francis Hall. We have everything from cookbooks to adult and kids books. All in excellent shape! Each year the book sale gets larger and larger thanks to the generosity of our parishioners. If you'd like to donate books to the sale you can leave them in the Gathering
- Bake Sale...(continues into Sunday after Masses)... Please bring your Bake Sale items to St. Francis Hall by 1:00pm on the Saturday of the festival. Everyone is encouraged to bring in your favorite baked goods!
- Corn Pit Treasure Hunt
- Pumpkin Pie Treasure Hunt
- Pumpkin Derby For Derby Rules click HERE!
- Potato Launching Demo
- Pumpkin Catapult Demo
- Long Distance Pumpkin Bowling: More Prizes
- Join Us for Church
- Brats, Beer & Broadway...The Knights of Columbus will be hosting a Brats Supper after mass and three of our own music ministers will perform Broadway Musical tunes
If you would like to donate prizes for the kids games some ideas might include; crayons, coloring books, coloring pencils and markers, or anything else you would like your child to bring home from a church festival. Bring your donations to the church office the week before the festival.
Thank you and we hope you can join us!!